Friday, December 18, 2009

Dolly + Christopher - Engagement

It's been a crazy week. Crazier than normal. I've been neglecting the blog so I'm going to make up for it with a long post.

A few months ago, I went on a photowalk to Queen Street West that included Trinity Bellwoods park. I got some great photos but all my images were of trees, leaves, dead foliage, and other inanimate objects. I had a few photos of squirrels and a giant painted goose but something was missing. Photos really come alive for me when there are people in them... thus I was very happy when Dolly and Christopher suggested Trinity Bellwoods park for their engagement shoot.



I'm not sure I believe in destiny but Dolly and Christopher have nudged me a little towards thinking that fate could rule over pure coincidence. Dolly is from Dallas and Christopher is from Vancouver. They met in New York, went on one date, weren't impressed with one another, didn't call, but then bumped into each other randomly a while later and decided to give it another try. [Have you seen the movie Serendipity? Yes, it's cheesy but one of my favourites!] They lived for a while in Vancouver and recently moved to Toronto... right near Vince and me. Here they are telling us the story of how they met - I love watching these two interact.



The engagement shoot was filled with stories, conversation, laughs, and one dirty joke. Talkative, engaging, and outgoing, this charming couple has a great outlook on life. There's something about the way Dolly and Christopher look at each other that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.




These next photos remind me of a romantic film from the 1940s like Casablanca.



We got a little chilly so we warmed up in an Artscape building just off of Queen Street West. Christopher was sharing a tidbit about his daily routine when Dolly looked at him and said, "Oh we're going to have an interesting life." Just a little comment but so full of promise, excitement, and affection.



Dolly and Christopher, all the best for a lovely Vancouver wedding next May and a wonderful life together. Congratulations!

(Make-up by Danielle Schleese.)

  © 2012 | Lesley Wong Photography | All rights reserved.

Back to TOP