Monday, February 15, 2010

A Day for Family

He laughs at me all the time. He chuckles when I wear thick bangle bracelets. He even goes so far as to tell me they're ugly. When I tell him they're stylish, he corrects himself to say that they look ok. His favourite story about me is when he prepared himself a gin and tonic, left the room, and came back only to find that I had downed it because I was hot and thought it was Sprite. He was concerned but I was unaffected. I was around 6 years old. He delights in telling me he found me in the garbage as a baby. When I probe him for details, he shows me the expression he says I made when I looked at him from beneath the newspapers.

Some of you have heard these stories before and will know that I'm speaking of my daddy. Aside from his delightful sense of humour, he is a stoic yet caring man with a heart of gold. I did a quick photoshoot for him recently and he could not stop laughing, which is not unusual for those who know him well.





We had the photoshoot in his office and I loved the colours and textures from his many many books.




Some of my favourite images were the headshots! I really like how these two images contrast each other. It just so happened that I got in a couple of serious shots - and I like how his more neutral expression works with the darker background. He was back to laughing again (or rather trying not to) and I like how the lighter background seems to complement this as well.



It was definitely fun to have a photoshoot with my daddy and I especially enjoyed telling him what to do! :)

  © 2012 | Lesley Wong Photography | All rights reserved.

Back to TOP