Saturday, February 6, 2010

Memory Lane

One of the reasons I am so passionate about photography is because I have so few photos from when I was young. All the images that I do have, I treasure very deeply. What I love most about the photographs is that they provide a glimpse of my life as it truly was. This fundamental honesty has shaped my work as a photographer and is why I strive to capture real moments through my own lens.

Following are some of my most cherished childhood photographs. Yes, some are scratched and some are faded. Some may even be poorly composed and grainy and out of focus. But they are real moments. And they form some of my most precious memories.




Belle had this next image put on a t-shirt for me. Ha! It's so silly and I so love it.



As you can see, I loved to eat even as a little one. (1) My favourite treats by far were Handi-Snacks and Coke. (2) I also loved to eat processed cheese slices. I also had a puppy when I was little - I guess I didn't develop my allergies until I got older. (3) I have always enjoyed a nice box of Smarties!





I've always loved merry-go-rounds and am still fascinated with them (and ferris wheels) to this day.



Here I am in Hong Kong with my aunt and uncle - we all look so serious.



Finally, here are some images of me and my daddy. Soon, I'll be posting some more recent portraits of my dad but I love these photos of us together back in the day. Man, those sideburns in the last image are great, aren't they? My dad used to have a full beard too... I think I only have one or two photos of the beard. Shucks!




  © 2012 | Lesley Wong Photography | All rights reserved.

Back to TOP