Sunday, June 13, 2010

Our First Woofstock

Vince and I have been together for over 8 years now. A lot of things have changed in this time but there has been one constant: Vince has always wanted a dog and I've always said no. The only exception was a brief period in 2005 when we almost put down a deposit for a chihuahua puppy and very nearly adopted a white hound from the Toronto Humane Society. Still, we ended up dogless. It just wasn't the right time.

Five years later, we find ourselves in 2010 and thinking very seriously about getting a puppy in the spring of 2011.

Vince's friends at work told him about Woofstock - a 2-day event happening this weekend in the St. Lawrence market area. Oh. My. Goodness. We were literally transported into the land of adorable and friendly dogs! I had my camera ready to take a few snaps for the blog but I was so preoccupied and overwhelmed that I took only one photo. And not a very good one at that. Thus, ALL the photos in this post are courtesy of my dog-crazy hubby Vince who was clearly not as easily distracted as I was by these irresistibly furry creatures. If LWP ever branches into pet photography, I will definitely make Vince the lead photographer. Good job honey!




As we were walking around, Vince's friend, Michelle, turned to me and told me about these dogs she saw with dyed fur. Ok folks, I'm talking pink and purple. Interestingly, I had recently read an article about dogs in China dyed to look like wild animals (hehe, I thought it was purple dogs being all the rage in Japan but I must have misremembered)... anyway, it's a good thing I was warned because I'm not sure how I would have reacted to these colourful pets otherwise. I can, however, definitely say that I will not be introducing you to a purple chihuahua next spring. In fact, not ever.




Vince and I have been doing a lot of research on different breeds and we are still drawn to chihuahuas. We were very eager to meet a few chis and their owners at Woofstock to learn more about the breed firsthand. Lucky for us, there was no shortage of friendly owners and sociable chihuahuas in attendance so we received some good information and got to interact with a few chis too. Oh, we definitely love this breed very much!






Vince would like me to remind you: ALL photos by VINCE FOO (but I kept some of the doggies calm for him - yes, that's my hand in almost all the photos of the chihuahuas). :)

  © 2012 | Lesley Wong Photography | All rights reserved.

Back to TOP