Sunday, July 11, 2010

Movement

We entered a room entirely draped with colourful fabric. We perched ourselves on little cushions atop weathered Persian rugs as the scent of anticipation and excitement enveloped us. The sound of stringed instruments and drums put the room into a hushed trance as we waited for the first dancer to enter.

Ten days ago, Tracy had asked if I wanted to attend an Al Khaima Performance at the Arabesque Dance Company. The lively show featured 15 professional bellydancers from around the world. The dancers took turns entering the tent to treat the audience to short improvised dances to live music. Each dancer was unique but all were artists in the truest sense of the word. This collection of photographs represents my interpretation of their movement.

As with most of my personal work, I used my 50mm f/1.8 II lens mounted on my 7D. All the images were shot with no flash at 800 ISO, f/1.8, and shutter at 1/50th of a second.




















  © 2012 | Lesley Wong Photography | All rights reserved.

Back to TOP