Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Secret Love Affair

Ever since I was a teenager, I've had a secret love affair with Ward. Ward's Island, that is. There's something magical about this island - people live in quirky houses that remind me a little of Valparaiso. Beyond that, there is a quiet calm that is so different from Centre Island yet there is more colour and cheer than Hanlan's Point. Yes, my secret love affair with Ward persists to this day. Now, my love for the island is compounded by a feeling of nostalgia as I step off the ferry. A nostalgic feeling of carefree and youthful abandon. The hustle and bustle of the city seems so far away.



The last time I went to Ward's Island, I got a terrible sunburn from lying on the beach. So I was more than a little glad that we had cloudy and dramatic skies when Vince and I headed over to photograph Christina last Sunday. Christina, Vince, and I had a ton of fun and the photographs from our session will be posted soon! In the meantime, here's a photograph of Vince from that day - my take on one of my favourite Vanity Fair photos of Hilary Swank. Although the lighting is better in the Vanity Fair photo, I have to admit that I prefer my version a tad more, not only because it's of my hubby but because the horizon's straight. Yup, my OCD friend is peeking through - he's a little shy but sometimes he comes out to say hello.

  © 2012 | Lesley Wong Photography | All rights reserved.

Back to TOP