Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Bunnies, the East Coast, and a Girl with an iPhone

As I packed for my 4 day work trip to White Point Beach Resort just outside Halifax, I contemplated bringing my SLR. I usually don't travel without it but I wanted to pack light so I decided to leave it behind this time. I was running out of time and I didn't want to look for the battery charger, extra memory cards, card reader, etc. - so I didn't even bring a point and shoot. Instead, I packed only my iPhone. I started regretting my decision when I breathed in the ocean air, settled into my water front cottage, took in the beautiful scenery, and discovered the bunnies. Yes, there were bunnies. Everywhere.



The grounds at White Point are spotted with bunnies as far as the eye can see. You can even get rabbit food for them at the front desk. I delighted in feeding them and petting them whenever I had free time. My favourite bunnies were docile and sweet. They munched patiently as I fed them rabbit pellets one by one and gently nudged me when they wanted more. They sat quietly as I simultaneously rubbed their little foreheads and teased them about their silly ears. Oh how I love bunnies!



And how did I do with just an iPhone? Let's just say I think it was a good challenge but next time I won't be packing so lightly. Thankfully I've been addicted to the Hipstamatic app, which costs a measly $2.99 (plus there are three additional lens/film/flash packs for $0.99 each so you can get an endless variety of combinations for just under 6 bucks) - this app can literally keep me entertained for hours on end. In fact, I think I'll be starting a 365 project with only Hipstamatic photos in 2011 so pick up the app and join me! Here are some of my favourites of the beautiful east coast.





For my loyal blog readers, I know I haven't been updating as frequently but stay tuned for an exciting announcement at the end of this week!

  © 2012 | Lesley Wong Photography | All rights reserved.

Back to TOP