Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Where Inspiration Happens

Dear Blog - I know it's been a while. I know I've been neglecting you. It's not because I don't love you. It's simply because... well... I'm not sure how to explain myself. Perhaps I've been distracted. Perhaps I've been lacking motivation. Perhaps I've just been plain lazy.



That being said, there's a light peeking above the horizon. A little ray of inspiration in the form of the annual WPPI (Wedding & Portrait Photographers International) convention... held in Las Vegas baby! After being here for 3 full days, I can see that there is really no other place like this in the world.

This is the 2nd year I've attended WPPI and it's no less intimidating, awesome, but above all, inspiring. There are so many crazy talented photographers at this convention that it makes me shudder... and perhaps throw up a little in my mouth from nervousness. How will I ever measure up? I still have so much to learn. Thoughts like these run through my mind constantly. On repeat.



Despite my feelings of inadequacy, I have learned so much in the short time that I've been here and I am super excited to continue to refine my craft. Dang, I really dig photography. So I'm going to soak up as much information as I can in the next two days. And then, when I come back to Toronto, I promise many many updates. So many that I'll probably make you throw up a little in your mouth. But in a good way.

P.S. If you haven't already, check out the Journal where I've been posting more consistently these past few weeks. Shhh... don't tell that to Blog.

  © 2012 | Lesley Wong Photography | All rights reserved.

Back to TOP