Friday, September 2, 2011

53/101 | Curried Garbanzo Filling

It seems like just yesterday that I was lamenting the disappearance of the Kathmandu Wrap off the Fresh menu. Belle and I had decided to go there for a healthy dinner when I was shocked to discover my favourite menu item was nowhere to be found. "What?! Where is it?!" I could feel my voice rise to a high pitched squeal... or maybe that was just in my head. I read the menu a few more times before I came to terms with the change and very reluctantly ordered a meh-tasting soba noodle bowl.

The first thing I did when I had a moment was e-mail my vegetarian friend, Christina, to tell her about the heinous crime. I knew she would understand. I lamented, "that was my favourite thing the menu!" and "that means we can't go there anymore!" Ok, I didn't actually write that we couldn't go there anymore... but I thought it. Lo and behold, Chris came to my rescue and sent me the recipe for the Kathmandu Wrap! She said she tried it the other day and that it was really good and really easy. Finally, someone who takes me seriously.

So earlier this evening, I made the Curried Garbanzo Filling and the result was utterly delectable. Only I had forgotten a few items when I went grocery shopping so I had to make a few modifications. Like no green peppers or banana chilies. Instead of cumin and turmeric, I used curry powder. Oh, and I used tahini in place of tomato paste - not exactly substitutes but I thought the recipe would still work. And it did... it was lipsmacking. And Chris was right - it was easy peasy. For dinner, I gobbled up a big glob of it with whole wheat tortillas.

  © 2012 | Lesley Wong Photography | All rights reserved.

Back to TOP