Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Chile - Travel Portraits

At this time last year, my friend, Belle, and I were in Chile. We had signed up for Habitat for Humanity. It was my second Global Village trip but it was no less special. The below photo was taken on our first day on our site. We had a large enough team of volunteers that we were able to split up and build two houses. When I met the family at this site, I whispered to whoever was closest to me, "I want to stay here." I think it was John beside me, who gave me a quick look and nodded in agreement.

This little girl, Ana, is one of the most precious children I have ever met. She is delightful and friendly and personable. She is not shy in the least and would allow just about anyone to hold her - even me! It has been a full year but it seems like so long ago. In the past year, I've often wondered how our family is doing in Chile. This was an incredibly moving experience and I cannot wait to do it again.

  © 2012 | Lesley Wong Photography | All rights reserved.

Back to TOP