Monday, March 15, 2010

Nicole + Joel - Destination Wedding

Today felt so much like spring... my walk home was such a treat and tomorrow is supposed to be even better! That makes me so happy as I am definitely a warm weather person and Vince and my week in Las Vegas was not exactly blessed with nice weather. Thankfully, as fate would have it, the sun was shining and the temperature was warm for Nicole and Joe's beautiful destination wedding.



Nicole and Joe are fellow Canadians (from Edmonton, Alberta) and Vince and I were terribly excited to meet and get to know them. They met 4 years ago at a football game - Joe is a friend of Nicole's brother - and have been engaged for about a year. When I asked how they decided to get married in Vegas, Nicole shared with us that they had just made the decision a week and a half before the trip... talk about being spontaneous! They were going to Vegas for a vacation anyway and since it's the wedding capital of the world and Nicole already had a beautiful wedding dress... well, you know. Personally, I think it was written in the stars.



We started the day at Caesar's Palace - such a lovely spot for wedding portraits!






Nicole and Joe are so natural together and are beautiful both inside and out. I love how, after Nicole got twirled, she wanted to twirl Joe... not only did he agree, but actually looked like he was having a good time!




Nicole made a gorgeous bride! She looked stunning but was totally down to earth and ready to enjoy her day to the fullest.




If you follow my blog, you know I'm addicted to looks. The way two people look at each other has so much meaning and often gives me the shivers. Sometimes it's easy to forget how your significant other looks at you with so much love... so I think it's important that I try to capture these looks with my lens.




Soon, it was time to head to the chapel for the ceremony. Now, I might be in the minority but I really love the ceremony. The anticipation as the bride walks down the aisle and the look on the groom's face as he awaits her. The way the couple looks at each other as they say their vows. Again, it comes down to the look - which you may not even notice in the moment - but then you have the photos to prove it! Honey, you do love me... see!!!





I love this next image that Vince captured because everyone looks so happy... and ready to PARTY!



Congratulations, Nicole and Joe... we are so grateful that you allowed us to share in your beautiful day. All the best for a wonderful marriage and do keep in touch!

  © 2012 | Lesley Wong Photography | All rights reserved.

Back to TOP