Sunday, March 14, 2010

Return of the Facebook Junkie

Ok, I admit it - I used to be a Facebook junkie. So much so that I decided to quit Facebook so I could go back to doing other things like actually meeting up with friends, going out on the weekend, and going to bed at a decent hour. Two and a half years later - and after being asked countless times, "are you on Facebook?" - I've decided to return to my addiction. Moderation is key, I tell myself.

Besides our personal pages, Vince and I have also created a business page. If you enjoy our blog and our work, please feel free to click on the below image to become a "fan"!



We did a quick photoshoot today after we read a blog post on how to "hack" the Facebook profile picture. It's not so much of a hack as it is a workaround to make it look like your image extends beyond the standard Facebook border. In the above image, I was holding onto the ceiling for dear life even though it looks like I'm "raising the roof" with one hand or trying to give Vince a high five. Anyway, in case you are interested, here are the basic steps to achieve this look in Photoshop:

1. Create a new image with the following parameters: 200 pixels wide, 600 pixels high, 72 pixels per inch.

2. Size to 100%.

3. Create a new guide at 52 pixels. Draw a line (colour #d8dfea) on the guide.

4. Draw a rectangle (colour #eff0f5) and nudge it so that it lies flush against the line that you drew in Step 3.

5. Upload to Facebook to make sure the line and rectangle line up properly. You may need to make minor adjustments as necessary.

Now you can create your image by placing a photo or clipart and using the magic wand to remove the background so that it looks like your image is floating above the standard Facebook background. Pretty neat, yes?! Click here to read the original blog post. I love the example with the Giraffe - that sold me immediately. Happy Facebook-ing!

  © 2012 | Lesley Wong Photography | All rights reserved.

Back to TOP