Saturday, December 11, 2010

Love... In Shades of Blue

There is a new man in my life. And I am completely enamored. Not to worry, Vince is quite taken by him too! His name is Truffle and he is a blue Netherland Dwarf. We call him Truffs, Truffleupagus, Trufflesaurus, Truffle Wuffle, Wuffle Binky, Bun Bun, and Our Little Puddler (but not because he pees everywhere!).



Vince and I added Truffle to our family on October 31 so this post is long overdue. We've had him for 6 weeks and he is an absolute joy. He loves following us around and seeking attention. When we pet him, he sinks dramatically into a little puddle and purrs with content. If we stop petting him, he gets up almost immediately.




Truffs has grown a lot in 6 weeks and now weighs in at 1 pound and 12.5 ounces. He's about double his size from when we got him so sometimes I forget that he's still really really little.


(Truffle on November 02, 2010)


(Truffle on November 20, 2010)

We used to weigh him in this little basket but he no longer fits in there comfortably!




Hehe, I love photos of him walking around. He reminds me of a pointer in these photos - even though I've never actually seen a pointer in this pose. LOVE!




Besides being bigger, Truffle's also a lot braver and stronger. He adores exploring new territory and climbing all over us but he no longer tolerates being picked up and held for too long. I think these next photos are my favourites - Vince's facial expressions (and even Truffle's in the bottom photograph) are just hilarious!




Truffle doesn't care much for bunny toys but he loves iPhones, cables, and DSLRs. He must take after Vince! He also enjoys jumping on our laptops when we are using them... that part is not so cute after the 5th or 6th time.



Despite his nickname, Our Little Puddler was pretty much fully litter trained from day 1. But he also likes to bite his litter box and drag it around, which worries me sometimes.



I made Super Truffle a little cape but he enjoys biting it more than wearing it so I have to re-think the design. This is actually the only photo I have of him standing in his cape and it's only because he was distracted from biting it when I got up and left - he followed me so I turned around quickly to take the photo. Aside: I know bunnies don't like clothing for the most part but seeing this little guy hop around in his cape was the cutest thing! He only wore it for a couple minutes though - then we rescued him and gave him lots of petting as his reward.



Yes, Truffle is the most adorable bunny ever and we get to see him and play with him every single day!



  © 2012 | Lesley Wong Photography | All rights reserved.

Back to TOP