Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Shooting with Intention

About a month ago, David duChemin spoke at his online e-course about shooting with intention. There are many different ways to do this including preparing for a shoot by using pre-visualization, experimenting with your camera on location, and refining your image during post-processing. The common thread is the intention to communicate a vision... or more specifically, your vision.

The one part of shooting with intention that David motivated me to work on was preparing for a shoot by using pre-visualization. When getting ready for Christina's lifestyle session, I jotted down a few key words in my Moleskine that I thought expressed her personality. Being a list person, this exercise really appealed to me, felt totally natural, and helped me mentally prepare for the shoot and pre-visualize some of the photographs. I'll definitely be working this into my photography routine.

Happy Wednesday!

  © 2012 | Lesley Wong Photography | All rights reserved.

Back to TOP